Wednesday 14 March 2012

Awrite ma wee hen

Edinburgh bound! Oh what a treat- a city getaway for a couple a days! Now a post on all things Scottish is such a cliché, but that said I do love me some tartan (never a fashion fail) and a whole lorra shortbread!


This post is to voice my Edinburgh experience (no accent attempts because mine just don't cut it: so I'm Gonnae no' dae that!) Oh the picturesque landscapes and architecture, the history and a view of distant highlands...lots to see, do and soak up.



 It was beautiful...truly. And whilst the experience was a little Pampers crazed due to our baby central staying point (friends who have babies and marriage do change there’s no de-crying denying it...of course they would and I will too, but I’m still a spring chicken slash baby who can 9-5 as well as 5-9!). Thank F for the Gamay vino on tap * a real winner * plus it was fabulous to see familiar faces and happy families.


So we did the medieval Old Town and the Georgian New Town by visiting the Castle, the Royal Mile and then George Street, Princes Street and the National Portrait Gallery in the three days there. And whilst it was warm and sunny...oh not the people, no not so much. I had to refrain from soccer punching- almost every bastard bus driver I came in to close proximity with...not short changed just ''DON'T GIVE CHANGE'' (or directions apparently). My ramblings met quite a grumpy collective actually, which initially laughable became a little tiresome. Where is the Scottish charm? Has it really been doused by tourism in these city streets?
The abundance of AMAZING hotels (gawped at from outside of), restaurants, bars, cobbled streets are all worth a ganders and a mill around slash getting a round in. It was super busy as with any city centre, so my two cents worth says book a long weekend and fly over. With some cheap and cheerful easyjet flights you can be there in just over an hour no probs. Guid Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment