Wednesday 28 March 2012

Nam, Nam VIETNAM!!!


OMG Vietnamese me up in every way, because I have done it, gone for it, booked it, mapped it, going there... two weeks in East Asia! That’s right gang I am seeking new climes and new adventures in Vietnam. Just me, my passport, and large quanities of Deet. (FYI its apparently the bestest bite remedy spray evvvvver! We shall see!)

An unseen, unimaginable world for me to tear up on sleeper train, bike, bus and foot. I’m literally shaking with excitement! Flying in to Ho Chi Minh City and making my way up to Hanoi soaking up as much culture, cuisine and terrain as possible. Look out world!



Scrapbook at the ready, I have already looked into areas that I want to venture: Hoi An, Halong Bay, Nha Trang, temples, markets and perfume pagodas. Listing everything to sort beforehand as well as to see/ do/ try/ buy whilst out there is pretty hectic. BUT WORTH EVERY SECOND! 

So I have applied for, and now received my Vietnamese Visa from the embassy in Kensington, for those who didn’t know, like moi, you need one to travel there. You can find out all the deets here: www.vietnamembassy.org.uk CHECK got mine:


 Plus I have already looked into the vaccinations I should probably get sorted (This site is really helpful: www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk) and had my first rounds of Hep A and B, and my latest Tetanus. YOUCH and CHECK. Now I have an impressive pain threshold but jeeeeeez, be prepared for dead arm for atleast an ENTIRE afternoon.  




Bought my Lonely Planet guide as well as a Rough Guide (cos I’m edgy), got a huuuuuuge map on my bedroom door...waking up to that is INSTANT CHEEK TO CHEEK GRINNING ACTION. ..and I am bugging every fella/ filly I know who has done the stint themselves for all the best advice. This will blatantly be followed by many a post before I jet set/ possibly during and for a long time after. *Life altering stuff is this globe wandering...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment