Sunday 12 February 2012

Cowshed, join the herd...



A little black and white ribboned box revealed to me a Cowshed giftcard- a belated birthday pressie from the girls at work. If I get one more cow name connotation today...ha! You may have cottoned on to the fact that I am by no means a groomy gal, in that I spend the bare minimum (time, dollar, effort) on hair and make-up. That said this was a very welcome gesture...hmm who to give it to and pass off as my own gift idea? No, really what a treat, or treatment...exactly that, what treatment to choose?



Obviously I needed back up, someone to explain the rule of thumb in such places. That is, nails should not be neglected for so long (like mine), and handy tips like don't drop your towel just yet. The paper thong heads up was also appreciated. I exaggerate...clearly I’m a regular little pampering puff of perfumed delight.

So with me tottered a well esteemed beauty-go-go, know-know gal to ease me in gently AND swiftly hush my questions by ordering champaz on arrival. Jeez you can get almost anything varnished, trimmed or tidied in this place; it’s like Gardeners’ World. But at ten times the cost and with far more attention to pruning...I hope.
Ah ha decided: an eyebrow shape, because mine make Freda Kahlo’s look tame. And despite Beck's repeated 'It’s all about the big brows right now', I am not convinced. So, eyebrows and a Brazilian wax. Yes please, the way God and I intended. Oh and pain free too please.

Well you know what? Yes it was, ish! Cowshed products are plant-based and contain naturally-derived ingredients, free from nasty crap like petrochemicals and sulphates. The pink wax that is essentially refined sugar melted down to a delicious, runny goo is applied to the area up for removal  (vajayjay...not literally but you know) left seconds to dry and then stripped ( I'd say 94% ) painlessly! Wowza! This makes my former bikini appointments, where I was doused with blue PVA glue like, SCOLDING wax, seem like times of unnecessary (but oh so urgent) torment.


 Hats off to my lady in white, I am as neat as a button and silky smooth. Well worth a visit, budget and occasion permitting, because the results are good.

Cowshed is an ideal place to go for a little body TLC so take  friends, clients, mothers and lovers. Vouchers are available on request so you can treat someone or just spruce yourself up abit with a mani / pedi.
The decor is city chic meets country kitch, and the handful dotted across the UK (Berlin, New York and Miami) are far from the tight lipped, intimidating realms of other salons and parlors. Go with it, join the herd...







No comments:

Post a Comment