Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday loving...

Not things of fluffy, cutesy, pink Pinterest but things that inspire me, snapped haphazardly by me in a weekly entry I have decided to name Sunday loving.

Pinterest being the hot new thang on the block when it comes to social media platforms. Similar to we heart it in the way it hosts a catalogue of mind numbingly beautiful images, photo shopped to within an inch of perfection. Users can pin, re-pin or heart anything their pretty little heads desire and share with friends as well as share via Facebook and Twitter.

My entries, every Sunday will collate my own findings, workings and wonderings from the week before. The rules are NADA, it will be a free for all until an order or structure comes to mind...my obsessive tendencies are sure to override within a week or two. Scrapbook without the scrappy. But to start I will pursue the erratic.

There will of course be annotations, so that you can read the story behind my shoots. Please note some may be fleeting references to what, when and where, others may be lengthier as I digress into chapters of chat...I'll try to keep it sassy.

To begin with, more salutations for all things Singer. Damn it when will I get the knack for this damn sewing lark. To be completely honest I have not yet given my precious my full divided attention, time never seeming to be on my side. But just wait because I surely will. Mine is a shiny something something in comparison to this old timer:


In the flash light of LFW our pavements have become runways for the fashion frenzied. Street style is now essential for all city rollers, leaving the flat this week has been delayed by riffling RAGE when an anticipated outfit goes hideously wrong. Suddenly I don't give a crap, its old faithful jodhpur skinnies and a thick knit. But this Marc Jacobs carousel of WOW makes me want to be a lady in lace and daisy dresses...if only I were a delicate lil fleur like these broads....




 This shot, courtesy of Walter Rothschild’s collection at The Natural History Museum, is a close up of a Yellow-Nosed Albatross. This kind of stuff normally sends me taxi-squirmy, but the two thousand bird specimens on display are unbelievable examples of 19th century taxidermy. So intricate, and beautifully labelled.

I was also all eyes for this out-world-ish fella, all suited and booted and also on display in the Visions of Earth gallery at the museum:



I will leave you with the following from Cecil, because these are without a doubt the most inspiring words I have heard all week. Sent to me from my source of all thing amazing and true, this is something I will look to apply to my everday. Never do I want to be a 'play-it-safer'...






No comments:

Post a Comment