Friday 23 September 2011

High Five

Five reasons to go out pronto and bag yourself a new, old, retro or gold pair of high top trainers. Is it that obvious that last week's purchase of grey and white Nike high tops were my first? Well they were, and I just LOVE them.


Numero Uno: Oh so comfortable! Not only do they complete our jeans and tee combination, but they are like pulling on slippers carefree and so darn comfy.

Two: They come in every shape and size, so you can quite literally fashion a pair whatever your age or colour/ print preference. There are a pair of these babies to wear at any and every occasion, there are no limits so go all out.



Three is the magic number: They just look COOL! Now, either I look completely ridiculous in mine and the double takes that I have been receiving are down to lacing them up the wrong way or they are the approving acknowledgments of my new footwear. Hmmm is this dude opposite me on the train thinking my, clearly very new, high tops to be well chosen? Well suited? Well sported?

Are there rules to this look I wonder? Do you stick with high or mid tops? Puma or Nike? One colour, any colour, all colours? Is there a time frame, I mean is it strictly Saturdays and week days from 6pm or can we push boundaries and wear them all day every day?

I say MIX and MEASURE, mix it up and choose a pair that you instantly love, wear from the moment of purchase and cant bear to live a day without. When I say measure I mean wear the loud outrageous hot pink pair with a low key outfit to do them justice. My Muma always taught me that subtlety is KEY.

Four: You can get yourself a pair almost anywhere! If you can't quite bear JD Sports, no problem as you can source them online, off line, in Offspring, Topshop, Ebay, and many a high street store. Prices will vary but you can get yourself a pair easily without breaking the bank, mine were about sixty quid but you can buy from twenty upwards!

And my number five: You can work them out! Trawling the town or training up you feel top of your game. Mine make me want to sky punch and hollar Adriiiiiiienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment